Friday 14 April 2017

My Little Garden - Banana (Pisang susu @ pisang 40 hari)

That is only and only banana tree that I ever have at my little garden. Living in the area with limited space of land never limit me from my hobby.

Gardening is not only wasting my time or dirtying my home, it beyond that. From this hobby I gained organic vegetables, I save my money and the greatest I can relax my mind. For someone who want to gain money, it is possible but for me, I just want to enjoy it and share what I get to my neighbourhood, friends, and unforgettable my family.

I love this species because it is easy to maintain and when it start to fruit, the duration from flower to become ripe just take around 50 - 60 days.

It taste also awesome and it can be consumed directly. Not need to fry. 
I planted this almost 5 years ago and I harvested it many times. The quality is still excellent.

I do not use any chemical fertilizer but what I keep on doing is all waste from the tree or from my kitchen, I put it at the tree.

So, for so long and until today, still my banana make me proud. 
The first year of my banana tree improvement, I have almost 11 new babies banana, and after my first harvest, I remove some them and leaved only 4 to 5 babies.

This process is important in order to ensure banana tree grow up healthy and produce better size of fruit, since it have less competitors.

This banana is the best for "cekodok pisang" and also banana cake. I had read an article said that; someone who have an alergic to banana such as asthma may consume this banana when it used for banana cake. While for other species still cannot.

From my experience, since I actually not too much in love for banana cake, but once I used it for my banana cake, I am in love.

It taste so special, and to experience it, you should try.

From top view.
How grateful I am and also my neighbourhood for these.
Oh God, it is out of my checking process. After leaving for few days, it ripe on the tree. And I faced problem now.

To harvest banana, I have to make it before it ripe. Now, all the ripe will fall down once I hit to cut the tree, no matter how gentleman I am.

So with no choice, pick any which have potential to fall down. And then let the green one, stay.

A banana blossom is about to coming out.

No comments:

Post a Comment